Thursday, January 09, 2014

We made it!

Fair warning, this will be a short post. 

We woke up around 4:30 a.m. headed to the airport at 5:15 a.m. and hopped on our flight to San Francisco then connected to our flight to Beijing.  We landed in Beijing around 4:30 p.m. (2:30 a.m. KC time), waited for the other members of our group who came in on another flight and then took a van to our hotel where we checked in around 7:30 p.m. (5:30 a.m. in KC).   Needless to say, it has been a long 25 hours and we are ready for bed!

I took a few photos along the way, but cannot seem to load them at the moment.  We will have free time tomorrow afternoon and I will attempt to tackle technology issues then.

It was rough saying goodbye to Isabel before we left.  But I know she is in very capable hands with our parents watching her as well as aunts, uncles, cousins...and even her school teachers making sure the time moves quickly for her until we can get home.

In fact...I just took a time out from this post to Skype with her.  Thankful that technology works!  Was great to talk to mom and Izzy and see Izzy's sweet little face! 

Well, I am going to wrap this up as it is now 9:00 p.m. here and I am spent.

Tomorrow we will tour Beijing and I will hopefully have lots of great photos to share!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isabel was so happy she got to talk to you. After she talked to you we had some pancakes and she got ready for school. Of course she may have snuck in a small bite of that peppermint patty before she left for school. LOL Kelly came and picked her up and said she was in a good mood all the way and told her and Carter all about your call. Get some sleep. Love you Mom

Anonymous said...

SO thankful you made it! you guys were on my mind, as I woke up at 1:59 this morning and figured you all would be landing soon! I hope you are able to get some sleep! Izzy was in a good mood when I took her to school and was so excited she got to chat with you guys! She was telling me all about the time difference! Can't wait to see pictures and hear more about your journey! Love ya! - Kel

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it! I'm anxious to see some pictures. Hope you finally got some sleep.

Love,
TJ

Jen Filla said...

Yay, you made it! Thank you for posting. We're thinking of and praying for you guys. Keep us posted on all the great excitement from this newest adventure! Love you BUNCHES!!!!

Anonymous said...

Anxious to see your pictures of Bejing and the days leading up to Teagan. Sounds like Aunt Terrie, Debbie and I are to have a dinner date with a certain little Isabel. That will be so fun. She called last night and got our girl scout cookie order and she had her sales pitch down. Take Care and know that we love and are thinking about you daily. Love Aunt Anita

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you made it to Bejing. Hope you got some sleep. We enjoyed having Isabel call and give her little sales pitch for Girl Scout cookies. She was very professional, lol. Looking forward to hearing more and seeing pictures. Especially that one of you holding Teagan. LU Aunt Terrie