Thursday, January 16, 2014

Peaks and Valleys

I have tried typing this post four times. Hopefully this time it works. We are still having a ton of technology problems making it hard to be consistent with the blog like we were last time. Seems to be something new every day which is even more frustrating. I know many are anxious for updates please know hat we are trying hard. Ingot up before the girls were awake today and am working on it in the lobby of he hotel tonight after they are asleep. Probably put in three hours on is one silly post. Pictures are causing it not to post because of file size so I am trying it with just one this time and will figure out a way to load more tomorrow.

The last couple of days have been filled with some amazing moments and some challenging ones. Teagan is attaching to Tracy very we'll but not to me yet so that makes it tough for Tracy as Teagan needs her near her pretty much all the time. She is waking up a lot at night so Tracy is getting very little sleep as Teagan won't let me comfort her. She has been constipated for several days and it reached a peak last night. We took care of it thanks to some supplies from our guide but that was uncharted waters for all of us and let's just say it was not fun for anyone. She still seems like she is not quite on track and are actually anxious for her next "delivery". In my opinion this is the hardest part of the trip. We have our beautiful little girl and are ready to be home and start our new life but we are far enough away from the end of the trip that it is hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. But, they are couples with bigger struggles than ours on the trip and we are very thankful for that.

Now to the good things. We made the adoption official with China a couple of days ago! Yeah! We also spent a day getting all of her paperwork and photos in order for her passport to get processed.

Teagan is slowly coming out of her shell. She has a great little smile and laugh and each day we get to see it more than the day before. It is great to see her slowly open up and show us the true Teagan. When we are out and with others she kind of shuts down and just watches but when we are with her in the hotel room she is really starting to open up.

We are confident that they always spoon fed her so letting her learn to feed herself the last couple days has been an adventure! We visited KFC and Teagan had her first French fry. She was not that impressed. She LOVES fruit. Especially watermelon and oranges. She also really likes noodles and fried rice. She eats incredibly slow, but overall seems to not be a picky eater which is good. We also Walmart which is pretty interesting over here. Please reference the picture of the duck in the box and insert your own SNL JT joke!

Today I visited her orphanage while Tracy and Teagan stayed here. It was one of the more emotional things I have ever been through in my life but I am glad to know she was in great hands of nannies that truly cared for her.

We then went to the park where we got stopped by all sorts of curious on lookers. They were particularly fascinated by our baby Bjorn carrier. And yes one guy was so impressed with us he offered me a cigarette! Tonight we had dinner at a local restraunt with the rest of the group. We had to split up because the group was so large and we got seated out in the main dining area. I was enjoying a beer with my dinner and was laughing as I saw a table of about 8 guys doing shots. The next thing I know they were all at my table laughing and they made me take some shots of something that tasted like carpet cleaner. Definitely one meal to remember!

Tomorrow us and one other family are headed about 2 hours away to a temple that is the birthplace of Kung Fu. The rest of the families are headed to the zoo. Hopefully we don't regret choosing the longer trip!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you got a post up! I am sure you are all ready to get home - I know we are ready to have you guys back! But until then I enjoy readiing the posts and hearing about all your adventures! Glad you made it back in time to go to the park! I spoke with Tracy and Teagan last night(for us) and they seemed to be doing well! I am anxious to hear about your trip to the orphanage. I am sure it was emotional but how wonderful you got to see it and experience it a bit to know where Teagan was cared for. I will be interested to hear how the kung fu trip goes! Tracy said that when you were there getting Izzy you had gone to a zoo, so it will be nice to see something a little different. Have fun! Love and miss you guys! WE think and talk about you all everyday! -Kel

Anonymous said...

Glad to see an update. Glad to hear your visit to the orphanage went well. Glad you were back to go to the park.
Love hearing about the interaction with the locals. So funny they had you do a shot.
Isabel is doing well and tonight is gymnastics so she is looking forward to that. As I told Tracy last night watching her piece of cake, but Murphy, we will talk when you get home. LOL
Isabel does miss you all so much and looks forward to when she can SKYPE with you. Give Teagan a hug from Gramacy. love Mom