Well this is a good news bad news post. Bad news is Tracy is sick as a dog. Fever, chills, bad headache, you get the idea. So, we had to force the issue today. Tracy made it through the morning, and even had enough energy left to buy some nice Jade jewelry, a tea set for Teagan, and a few things for us and Izzy. However, she felt bad all morning and by the time we got home I knew we were going to have to force the issue. So, Tracy went to bed, I loaded up Teagan in our stroller and took off. She screamed like a banshee for about 30 minutes solid. I mean there were Chinese people constantly looking at me because it was so over the top. Arms and legs flailing, puppy dog tears flowing, snot and drool running, the whole nine yards. Eventually she ran out of juice and just screamed herself to sleep. I walked around for quite a while with her sacked out in the stroller and then took her back to the room and got her into her crib without her realizing it was me. She slept until really close to the time for our paperwork meeting. I scooped her up and put her in the stroller and took her to our paperwork meeting. She made it about 45 minutes into the meeting and then she melted down again. One of our guides from CCAI took her for me so we could actually finish the meeting because no one could hear any of the directions over her crying. Then at the end of the meeting our guide brought her back into the room and she actually reached for me and went right into my arms! Boom!! The rest of the night I knocked it out like a boss. We went to the group dinner without Tracy, fully expecting to last about 5 minutes and then have to walk back to the hotel by ourselves. But she did awesome and everyone at dinner was really impressed with how well she did. She loves herself some fried rice! Izzy is my noodle girl, Teagan is my fried rice girl. I don't know where she puts all of that in her little bird body, but she can really put it away. They had some awesome green beans that she really liked too. Not sure how they cooked them but they were great. We got back and I gave her a bath and her bottle. She still needed some snuggle time with her momma before she went to bed, but it felt really good to take that next step with her. Tomorrow morning is the doctor appointment, which was pretty traumatic for Izzy when we did it last time, and I don't expect it will be much smoother for Teagan. Tracy is going to stay home and sleep and hopefully me and my new buddy can survive it. We are hoping Tracy's fever will break tonight and then maybe if she sleeps all day tomorrow by Tuesday she can be back operational. And then we pray that neither Teagan or me get it.
This morning we went to 6 Banions Temple, and the House of Chen. Then we went to a Jade/porcelin store. The procelin there was from the provience that Izzy is from so that was cool. The temple and the House of Chen, which is a museum, are both stops that we made on the last trip. So, we didn't take a ton of pictures or anything there as we hit them pretty hard last time. We mainly spent our time shopping at the House of Chen. They have artists right there that do both hand painting and calligraphy. It is amazing to watch them work. I can't remember if we have anything after lunch or not tomorrow, but there is a park really close to the hotel and it is absolutely beautiful weather here so I figure I will take Teagan there while Tracy sleeps (if we don't have more paperwork to do). I am going to stop now so I can post some pictures as I know most of you tune in here for a cuteness fix, and me pointing to the duck in the box may not fill those needs. Everyone say a prayer for Tracy so she can start feeling better!
6 comments:
I am so sorry that Tracy is sick and I hope that she gets better soon. I am glad that she is getting some rest. That is great that Teagan is warming up to you more and I know it must be frustrating to you but it sounds like it went pretty good yesterday! So I hope that the dr. appt. goes okay. Thanks for posting....we love all the posts and pictures! - Kelly
Ugh, sorry to hear Tracy is under the weather, but great to hear you had some one-on-one time with Teagan. I know it has to be tough, but great to see things are getting better each day.
TJ
Hurray for the Teagan-Daddy break through!! Prayers for Momma's recovery from illness...
Jenny D
Sorry to hear Tracy is sick but am glad she is finally getting rest. Great you and Teagan get some bonding time. Sounds like it went pretty well. Love hearing about your adventures. Won't be long before you are all home. Hugs & Kisses Aunt Terrie
we don't think this blog has gone downhill at all...actually jeff's posts are quite entertaining! :) can also tell you spend a lot of time with high school kids, lol! thanks for sharing your journey and cutie with us. ~ allie and cory, who loves the title of this post btw; hope momma t mends soon!
I cannot imagine being sick away from home let alone in a foreign country. My heart goes out to Tracy but what a great husband/dad you are Jeff to just take charge do the best thing for Tracy and let her try and get back on her feet. Hopefully Teagan and you will make it home before you come down with it. Take care and see you soon. Love Aunt Anita
Post a Comment