Today was a really fun day. We went to the People's Park (a well-known park here in Nanchang). It was absolutely beautiful. We saw all sorts of people in the park and many of them came up to our group and spoke to the children. Isabel was sleeping in the Baby Bjorn but one elderly lady was so intent on speaking to Isabel that she patted her arm until she woke up. Thankfully she had been sleeping for a while and was a trooper when she woke up and gave the women a pumpkin-toothed grin. :-)
Next we went to a porcelain shop. This province is known for its porcelain and we were able to buy some really nice items for Isabel for when she is older. Of course, we hope it makes it all the way home as we still have four flights ahead of us! (The picture with the green sign is the shop entrance.)
For lunch we went to a wonderful restaurant...I think it was called Prince Music Cooking (odd name huh?). But the food was pretty good and the inside of the restaurant was amazing...they had great decorations and a stage with dancers that came out every few minutes and performed.
This afternoon I had to go to a meeting on paperwork and Jeff and Isabel hung out in the room while she napped and he started on packing. Isabel got her Chinese passport (she isn't a US citizen until her feet touch US soil on the 7th) and we also received a lot of other very important paperwork that we will need in Guanzhou. Once again our agency goes above and beyond as they also gave us each a map of the province and a map of Nanchang. They circled and wrote on the city map all of the places we visited this week. On the province map they circled Isabel's orphanage city, they city where she was found, and Nanchang.
This evening our group had our last dinner together in Guangzhou. We all ordered Pizza Hut and had a pizza party with the kiddos in the play area. Jeff and I stuck with the cheese pizza and passed on the garlic bread. However, we did order a couple beers to have. It was a nice evening letting the kids all play together.
So, all that being said...I really need to cut this one short tonight. I will leave you with our schedule for the next couple of days. Tomorrow (Saturday) we have a special lunch at noon....some of the children in our group have their birthdays tomorrow and we are celebrating. At 1:30 we have to have our bags ready to be picked up. At 3:00 we head to the airport. Our flight leaves around 5:00. I am not certain of how long of a flight it is...but seeing as it is our first one with Isabel (and her first experience in a plane) I think it may feel long no matter how short it is. :-) But we will look at it as a warm-up for the long flight back home. As I am not sure what time we land, how long it takes to get to our hotel, settled, etc.....I may not be able to post on Saturday. I promise I will try...but can't guarantee anything.
Random side note...we have decided that we should buy a rice cooker. That is pretty much her main food group...LOL Actually, Jeff and I were thinking that we may have to have our family purchase one so we can have it ready to go when we get home....oh and a bunch of eggs so I can make egg custard. :-)
That is all for now. Here are a few pictures from today:
12 comments:
What a beautiful family! Isabel is gorgeous and it's great to see the smiles on all of your faces. I really enjoy following your journey and try to read your blog each day! I wish for you all safe travels and a wonderful trip as your head home together!
Well a post is a post. It doesn't have to be long, I enjoy just reading about your day and love the pictures. Not sure how I'll handle a no post day, but completely understand. We miss and love all three of you.
Love Aunt Terrie & family
Smikahl Family!!! You guys look great and Isabel fits so nicely in each of your arms!! It seems as if the food situation has not been as bad as you origionally anticipated?? Happy Birthday Early to Isabel...We have a 9 month old who is anxious to play with Isabel...Thanks for the Blogs, it is part of our daily routine. It also makes us feel good seeing you all on a daily basis...Miss you guys!!
JP, Ashley, Berit, and Cadence
I agree with Terrie, a post is a post and we just like to hear from you! SO we are hopeful for a Saturday post but we all understand! It was great to see you all yesterday on the computer and it makes us all more anxious for you to get home! Looks like your tour was nice and that your agency is doing a great job for you all! Isabel still looks so adorable! Can't wait for your return! Good luck with the flight - I am sure it will work out fine! Love to you all!
Love,
Kel, Jon and Carter
Just keep doing what you are doing. She looks so happy, as do you and Jeff. So, whatever you are doing, is perfect! You guys look great, and your trip sounds wonderful! Post what you can when you can. The rest of us are just clinging to the little bits we can get right now. Have a good, safe trip, and good luck with Izzy on the plane! From personal experience, it's rarely as bad as you expect it to be. I'll bet she surprises you.
Love,
Jen, Ed, Katelyn & Lauren
Congratulations!!!!
She is so adorable. It is such a blessing.
Wendy Trevil
I think the photo of the three of you with the city in the back ground looks like a post card! Neat!! Thank you for sharing your experiences and photos. It's great to at least be able to be in touch with you guys this way, even though you are a half a world away. Take care of that precious bundle!! And make sure you give me some tips on how to handle a young child on a plane! That may be our next adventure. Love you all!
Amy & family
The park looks beautiful and so does the resturant. Looks like Isabel might have slept through the park though!It was great to talk to you all yesterday I miss you all so much and can't wait to see Isabel in person. I bet she will surprise you on the plane and just be fine. She is just so adorable. Wise choice passing on the garlic bread this time.
I agree I don't really care how much you post it is just great to hear from you all and know things are going well.
Miss you, love you all.
Love
Mom
We understand there might be times where it is hard to post, but we do like hearing from you guys and seeing all of the pictures. This flight will be good practice, I bet she will be fine. Only a little over a day until her birthday, it is great you guys are there to share it with her. Talk to you guys soon.
Love
Uncle Travis
Tracy, Just wanted to say how much I have enjoyed reading this every day. What a beautiful family. I will keep you all in my prayers.
We all enjoy your post so much.
it makes you seem so close to home when you are so very far away.
thank for all the post & pic you have sent. when you are so busy.
Love to all miss you
Aunt Debbie
Thanks for sharing your journey. Try to spring for the real expensive rice cookers, they really make a difference in the fluffiness of the rice. You can make porridge in them, too!
Post a Comment