Isabel is taking her morning nap right now. I should be sleeping as well, but can't seem to, so I thought I would write you guys instead. It is about 8:30 a.m. here right now. She woke up this morning as happy as a clam and we played in bed for a while. We fed her a bottle, got dressed for the day and headed down to breakfast. She ate some egg custard....our guides asked the restaurant in the hotel to start making it and setting it out for all the kiddos. (Like I said...we are treated so well here....who is going to spoil us like this when we get home?) Oh, and I did ask one of our guides, Evelyn, for the recipe for custard, I think I can make it for her when we get home...or at least try.
After breakfast we came back upstairs and put her down for her morning nap. She has been going to bed around 8:00 or 9:00 and waking up at 5:00 a.m. almost on the nose. Speaking of which....they don't have clocks in the rooms....but she is our 5:00 wake up call, so we don't really need one. :-)
We will leave in about an hour for a tour of the city today. I am really looking forward to it, should be a lot of fun. And I forgot to post about it, but we ordered Pizza Hut on Monday night. I have the menu to bring home...very interesting flavors here..."pizza with octopuses" was one of my favorites...LOL We passed on that and went with cheese. It was pretty close to home, and was a welcome change. We also ordered garlic bread with it, not quite what we expected...I have included a photo.
That is really about it for now. I know Kelly requested multiple posts a day....not sure I can always make that happen...but at least today this might be a bonus post for you guys. :-)
Side note....to those of you who I usually post on your blogs, please know that I am thinking of you, but cannot seem to get to your sites from here. Colleen, I am so excited you are on your way!! As soon as I get connection again, I will get all caught up on your site.
Here are some more photos that I have been meaning to post. Just a hodge-podge of stuff. If they post in the order I think they will...they should be: a picture of the city on the way in from the airport to Nanchang, some pitcures of our hotel, the view from our hotel room, Pizza Hut garlic bread, more photos from the restaurant last night, and Isabel and Daddy blogging. :-)
9 comments:
It was a nice surprise to see another post from you guys tonight. I actually look forward to getting in front of my computer at work each day b/c that is when we are usually seeing your blogs. Isabel doesn't seem to shy around the camera, you guys have some really great pictures with her. The hotel looks really nice and the views look good too. The garlic bread....that's another story. But I think we all agree that we like the family photos the best. Hope you guys are having a great day, we're all thinking about you guys and can't wait to see you!
Love,
Uncle Travis
Long time reader first time poster...Can you bring back the recipe for the garlic bread as well? Looks complicated. Carter has requested that Isabel bring back some food for him too. The hotel does look really nice. I agree with Travis, keep up the family pics. Can't wait to meet the new addition to our family in person!
Uncle Jon & Carter
What a great surprise. Kelly should be happy!!! It doesn't look like you guys dived into the garlic bread! Glad the pizza was good, I think it sounds like you made a wise choice. Your hotel looks amazing very nice. Hope you have fun on your tour today, hope the weather doesn't get to you. If you go by bus does the bus have a/c, I hope so.
Isabel just gets cutier with each picture. She looks so happy just sitting there with her daddy.
Miss you, love you.
Mom
YIPEE!!!! Two posts in one day - you made my day! I was super excited to see this and it was a great surprise! I just love seeing the pictures of Isabel (you guys too) and I agree with mom - I think she gets cuter in each picture! She looks right at home in Jeff's lap! Your hotel room looks very nice! I am jealous of that tub! Have a fun day and I can't wait to see more pics and hear more about your new life as a family! We miss you and love you!
Love,
Aunt Kelly
I love seeing the updates everyday and the pictures are so adorable!!! Isabel is soooo cute and I can not wait to meet her and see you guys!! =) Oh and you three need to hurry home, because I only have about a month before school, and you better believe I will be coming to see beautiful Isabel =)
Jess
What a great day to be able to read so much more about your time in China with your daughter!! I love all the photos--I'm sure you will have hundreds to go through when you get home. I loved Jeff's post regarding the different aspects of China as well! It gave me a good laugh as I can try to picture you guys on a bus with crazy moped & bike riders zooming in and out! :) Too funny!! And what a GORGEOUS hotel!! You will be very spoiled when you come home--but enjoy every minute! You'll still have people here that will spoil you some. Take care!!
Love--
Amy & family
Oh and i forgot I LOOOOOOOOVE you all!
Love,
Jess
Happy Day, more blog! Actually, Ed found the extra posting, just shows you he's almost as excited as I am to read about your adventures. Love the pictures, Izzy sure looks very comfy in Jeff's lap. I really liked the garlic bread, I just wished you would have ordered the pizza with octopusses, just for the photo op. ;p BTW, Ed is liking his Malibu Barbie, first one tonight, maybe not his last.
Love,
Jen & Ed
I'm learning so much by reading your blog! Thank you for sharing so much of your journey to Isabel.
-Jen
LID 2-20-06 for Emma
Post a Comment