Sunday, April 01, 2007

TGI...Monday???

What? Did I really just say that I am glad it is almost Monday???

It is odd, I thought this weekend would move slowly....and actually it wasn't too bad. Although, I must say that as we are nearing Monday, the clock seems to be moving just a little bit slower....tick....tock....tick....tock....

Friday I called my agency and the packet had not yet arrived. Which was okay as I was going to be very shocked if it made it to our agency on Friday. Personally, I think Monday is the day. I am hoping to call the agency tomorrow and they will tell me the packet has arrived. (Jeff is betting on Tuesday...I hope I win!)

As my last post stated....if the packet arrives on Monday it means we will get "the call" on Tuesday. And if it arrives on Tuesday we will get the call on Wednesday. When we get the call we will find out her name, age, height, weight, what area of China she is in and any other information they may have available. They will also send us a photo of her over email. The day following the call we will receive a FedEx package with hard copies of her documents, her photo, and paperwork that we need to sign and return back to our agency as soon as possible.

In the meantime, we have been keeping busy. I have started making lists, and lists of lists and some lists of those. :-) Lists of things to do, things to buy, things to pack...you name it. We did purchase some of our travel necessities this weekend. We now have adapters, converters, luggage locks and money belts. Not a huge dent in the list....but definitely a start!

So, as we start this week please wish the clock to move a wee bit faster for us...c'mon referrals!

2 comments:

Colleen said...

I wasn't really thinking today-but of course there was a small part of me that hoped.... I am thinking perhaps Weds?? I would LOVE to have a pic for the weekend. Our agency does it the same way as yours.

Where did you get your adaptors and converters? What kind?

Two and a High Chair said...

Colleen,

Unfortunately, we had a large part of us that was hoping for referrals to arrive today. I think I am finished "guessing" and will just wait for them to arrive. :-)

We got our adapters and converters at a small shop near our town that sells travel supplies. I liked going to the "mom and pop" shop because they were more willing to chit-chat with us and give us better direction as to what we need. We ended up with a pack of three adapters that all came together along with a converter for the voltage. The owner of the shop said that depending on where we end up on China we could encounter any of the three. So, the pack seemed to be perfect as it had all three different types of plugs.