Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Making progress on the lists

Although the list of things we need to do continues to grow, we have been trying hard to make progress and have checked at least a few things off...

One of the things we have been working on to pass the time is our care package. When we get "the call" we will find out which orphanage our daughter is in. Most orphanages will allow you to send your child a care package to have until we can travel over to bring her home. I have been working on a baby-sized afghan for her and just recently finished. We also found a soft photo album to include in the package. We will put photos of ourselves and our families and label each photo mom, dad, etc. So, my two big things for the package are taken care of. I still need to get something small and cuddly (stuffed animal?), a couple disposable cameras (the nannies will take pictures of her for us during our wait to travel) and we will also include something for the nannies as well (chocolates?).




I also got some shoes of the "non-high heel" variety. Although I still managed to find shoes that had a bit of a "lift" to them, I ended up with a pair of Nike Shox. I tried them on in the store and immediately fell in love with how comfy they are. I wasn't really thrilled with the color choices in the store, so I went online and designed my own (with help from Jeff who orders his this way each summer for the new school year). They will take about four weeks to get here, but that is soon enough they should make it in plenty of time.

Rumors?

Well, the rumors have officially started back up. Although I must say, I am quite numb to them this month. Monday there were rumors that a few agencies were predicting the next batch of referrals would arrive before the end of the month. And today someone reported that their agency says a packet has been mailed and could arrive as early as tomorrow. Again, I am not really believing anything quite yet. I think I am done getting worked up over the rumors until I actually hear my agency tell us we have been matched. But, it is still good to hear rumors floating around....it means at least something is happening. TAs are also due to arrive soon....so it is extremely possible that the packet contains TAs and not referrals. As like every other month.....time will tell. My bet is on TAs...although I DO love surprises! :-)

4 comments:

Colleen said...

My bet is on TA's too....but oh how one can hope - right??

Anonymous said...

We are waiting anxiously with you! We can't wait to see a picture of our niece! The afghan looks beautiful! She will love it!

Anonymous said...

Assembling the care package sounds like a fun project. Whatever is decided as the "soft and cuddly" item .. maybe you should both be holding that identical item when you first see her (we match!). Just a thought ... among so many others thinking of you both!

S-O-O-N .....
:o)

Two and a High Chair said...

Wow, what a great idea! Thanks, I think we might try and do that!