First and foremost, I want to thank all of you for your well wishes, kind words and prayers. People have said that we are strong and they wonder how we deal so well with the ups and downs of this process. We get our strength from our family and friends. Many can see from the comments on our blog that we have a wonderfully supportive family surrounding us. In addition to those comments, we have had even more emails and phone calls. Every time we hit a bump in the road our family and friends are right there with us. We are not alone on this journey and we couldn't make it without each of you. We know that you not only share our excitement with us, but you also share our tears. Someday I hope to be able to put into words what each of you have meant to us during this process.
What's the latest? Some of you have asked about rumors. It is too early for the rumors to really start up. Many people are reporting that when the CCAA told the agencies that they only matched two days, the CCAA also said they would try to send out the next batch before they leave on holiday in May. Personally, I think that was just to soften the fact that only two days were matched. I think they will try their best to get something out prior to the holiday, but that would be an awfully quick turnaround. I think it is more likely that we will hear something after the holiday the second or third week of May.
In the meantime, we have been trying to buy things on our many lists and a few things not on the list:

Jeff and I went out last weekend to look for some comfy walking shoes for me for the trip (most of my footwear consists of very tall heels...probably not the best for carrying a kiddo all over China). While we were out we just happened to peek in Gymboree. I am happy to report that I showed great restraint....Jeff however found these two items. The sleeper is covered in ladybugs (a sign of good luck in China and in the adoption community specifically, this is considered a sign that your referral is on its way). The I love Daddy bodysuit also came in the "mommy" version...that is the one Jeff picked up, but I switched it out for the daddy one....too cute. So, we didn't find any shoes, but shopping for baby clothes was much more fun anyway!
6 comments:
T & Jeff,
" No matter how steep the mountain is, God will climb it with you."
You guys are just the most amazing people!!! Through the joys, frustrations and tears you guys have still been able to see through to your shining angel at the end!! You know I'm always here for you guys. Once Baby Smikahl is announced, let the party begin!!! Love you both!
Amy Mitchell
Well I am pleased to hear you are shopping for walking shoes. Your heels would be killer. Did you try the Walking Store at Oak Park Mall? I was in there Monday and heard one of the workers talking to a customer about why their shoes are suppose to be good.
Always happy to read your updates.
-Aunt Anita
What cute clothes, especially the "Love Daddy". Can't wait to see her in it.
Love
Aunt Terrie
Those clothes are so cute and she is going to look adorable in them. She is going to have quite the wardrobe! We continue to keep you guys in our thoughts and prayers and hope that May brings wonderful things for you all!
How adorable that you found ladybug pj's that even wrap across the front kind of like a Cheongsam! It's wonderful to see you making preparations for your daughter. With all the love you have for her, surely she can feel it clear around the world! :)
Cute little outfits!!
I sure hope we make it in this time. I am thinking May also.
Hey - what kind of shoes did you get? Fill me in - we are thinking about doing that soon. I heard Merrells are very comfy. I too wear high heels, or flip flops. I don't think either will work.
Post a Comment