Monday, April 09, 2007

Not our Month ... Again?

A short while back I wrote a post where I said I was envious of the people at my agency because part of their job is to call people every month and tell them they have been matched to a son or daughter. Today I experienced a part of their job of which I am not envious...the part where they have to contact the families that had expected to make it in and didn't.

Unfortunately, Jeff and I were not matched with our daughter this month. The CCAA matched only two days worth of dossiers, October 25-26. As far as I can tell, no one has ever heard of the CCAA only matching two days. I think the smallest batch had been five days.

Not being matched this round was never even an option...in all the different scenarios of how this month's batch would go, this one never crossed our minds. In fact, many agencies were shocked by only two days of matches, including our own. That being said, we have been told that the last few days of October had a very large number of people logged in. So, even though they only matched two days, the number of people that were matched is still pretty close to what they have been producing the past few months.

Because of the rumors at the end of last week, Jeff and I were somewhat prepared for bad news today. Once we received official word from our agency, reality sat in. We are both handling it fine....really what else can we do? October 27 had a large number of people logged in and so we are not alone today....there are many people who are dealing with this same news...as well as people with LIDs through October 31 who had also expected to be included this month.

Although we should be "next"...we thought we were "next" this month...and we now know that anything can happen in this process. China will close for holiday May 1-7 and that is when the next set of referrals would most likely come out. So, they
will either send the batch in advance (not very likely); or they will send out the referrals when they return the second week of May.

Jeff and I believe that there is a reason for everything and that God has a plan for us. We are on the path to our daughter that He has set forth and we are quickly discovering that this path is not in a straight line, rather has many twists and turns. But we know, that as long as we follow His lead we will one day come to the end of our path and meet our daughter.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

This has not been a easy couple of weeks for you and Jeff. I have never been more proud of the two of you. You have handled all the ups and downs with such strength and grace. Soon you will meet up with your daughter and you will have the family you have been waiting for and dreaming of.
And what a lucky little girl she will be to have the two of you as
her parents.

Anonymous said...

Tracy & Jeff

I too admire what strong people the both of you are. You've been dealt with a lot of ups and downs but seem to always find the light at the end of the tunnel. We should all be so strong. I know your little girl will have great parents to look up to. Love you both.

Anonymous said...

Tracy and Jeff,
My heart just breaks for you guys but I know that God is taking his time in picking out the perfect little girl for you! She will be so lucky to have you all as parents and will be so loved. I continue to pray for you guys and hope that the good news will come soon. I love you guys! -Kel & Jon

Anonymous said...

Tracy & Jeff,

Each of us who know you, love you; and together we pray ... and we wait with restless expectancy for news of your child and the abundant joy and happiness she is sure to bring. May we be ever mindful of just how special this match is ... adoption is such a sacred exchange.

As you've said, your journey has been long with many twists and turns, but we also know - with certainty - this winding path is drawing to a close and the long journey will soon end with your beautiful baby girl, a God-sent treasure, in your arms.

You are blessed.

Anonymous said...

Tracy & Jeff

As I am not known for my patience, I have said before, and it still rings true, I am amazed at your strength and faith through this whole process. The road hasn't been twisting and turning, it's a downright corkscrew rollercoaster. The day will come, very soon in fact, when you will get to see your gorgeous daughter's face, and she will become a true blessing in your life. I can't wait for the celebration to begin. And it will begin, soon.

Love you guys!
~ Jen & Ed

Unknown said...

This wait is incredibly hard, and the news this week was just shocking. You won't forget the wait, but the part that comes after is just so amazing. Your ride on this roller coaster is going to change very soon. Best of luck!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear that you have to wait a little longer. I know that it can't be easy..but I'm sure it will be worth it. We will continue to keep you in our prayers and you wait to meet your little one.
Heather (and Quinton and Emma too) :)

Anonymous said...

Tracy & Jeff
Your strength and patience amaze me
I am sure when you both see your
daughter, That is when your true journey begins. In our thoughts &
prayers.-The ALEXANDERS

Anonymous said...

Tracy & Jeff in reading the comments and talking to friends and family I am amazed daily by your Perseverance, Patience and Love. In my mind you two are already the proud parents.

We love you.
The Boone's

Colleen said...

I know that you are right in saying that it just wasn't "time" for our daughters to come to us. I am reminded of that often when I see our friends' girls. I can only hope and pray that May brings wonderful gifts for many of us.

Anonymous said...

YOUR daughter is taking her OWN time as all children do - you might as well learn now that they all have their own timetable and parents are powerless in most situations. She will appear when she is ready!!
Rinda

Anonymous said...

Tracy & Jeff,

I know that all of the waiting has been very hard on both of you, but I also know that God will give you your precious daughter at just the perfect moment. Be strong and know that your wait is almost over! Our thoughts and prayers are with both of you. Love,
Doug and Barbara

Anonymous said...

Jeff & Tracy,
Darlene sent me your site, so I've been keeping up with your progress. I know you are anxious, and also that God has the perfect little girl selected just for you. I'll keep you in my prayers, and will check for updates. God bless you. Love, Sharon Piepmeier