Isabel loved swimming in the pool this summer. It was a favorite afternoon activity for Izzy and Jeff. Now when we drive by the pool and see it empty she tells us..."no more water, too cold."
This was Jeff's first Father's Day since Isabel came home. She wore a "My Daddy Rocks" t-shirt and we gave him a photo book made up of the past year's memories and "firsts" with father and daughter. To top it off, we had a six layer chocolate cake. One of the things Jeff and Izzy have in common is their love of chocolate!
This year was our first "Gotchya Day" celebration and I took the day off to spend it with Isabel. We made lunch together and had a play date with Carter. That evening we went out for dinner at a nice Chinese restaurant where Izzy ate her weight in rice and noodles.
We had Isabel and Carter's pictures taken together this year as a gift to Grandma. They were pretty hysterical to watch while the photographer tried to get them to pose and smile at the same time....but we ended up with some good shots. Here is one of my favorites:

For Isabel's birthday Jeff and I stayed home with her and had a full day of Izzy. We took her out for pizza, and I made her a chocolate cupcake at home. She started to eat it with a fork and then finally dug in with her hands.
Her main birthday gift was a kitchen. She loves helping Jeff and I in the kitchen so this was a pretty obvious gift. She loves cooking everything and telling us to blow on the food afterward, because it is hot.
A few days later we had friends and family over to our house to celebrate. It was a warm July day and the kids spent some of the time burning off their sugar on the swingset.
We did The Dog theme for Isabel's birthday party and I made cupcakes that looked like puppies.
We went and watched Jeff in a mountain bike race and Izzy thought it was fun to go and watch daddy ride his bike in the trees. She even wore her iCycle shirt that a good friend of mine gave to her.
Some random photos:
Isabel and Carter having a playdate at a local playground....I love this photo of the two of them.
Izzy loves dressing up in her chef's hat and apron and then cooking meals that usually consist of corn, an apple, pizza and a doughnut.
We took her to the season kick-off rally for the KU football team. She loves the Jayhawk on TV...but was a little nervous when she saw him there in person. And of course, we had her dressed for the occassion!
One day we were walking through the store and Isabel took a liking to this huge giraffe. So of course, with one cute look and smile to her daddy he melted like butter and bought it for her....I think we might be on trouble when it is time to buy her a car!
Isabel loves playing hide and seek and thinks it is especially fun to hide behind all of the pillows on mom and dads bed....we call this one "Where's Waldo?"
We went on our annual pumpkin hunting trip and let Isabel find one of her own. I think she looked through just about every pumpkin to find the one that was just right...
While we where there she found this balance beam that she really liked...
For Halloween this year I took her to one of those huge stores that have every costume you can imagine. I showed her cute ducks, bears, pandas, butterflies.....she kept saying "no...no....no" Then, she spotted a pirate costume and went crazy. She kept saying "ARGH!!! Pirate!" So, it was decided...Izzy was a pirate this year (and so was Murphy):
Carter came over and went trick-or-treating with us.
The obligatory photo of the threesome looking out the window...
Geeting ready to head out!
That mostly brings us up to date. Today it is snowing here...I guess summer and fall are officially behind us!
4 comments:
I'm so excited to see an Izzy update! She looks so grown up, and as adorable as ever! What a beautiful family you are!
Thanks for the update! Loved all the pics you posted! See you all very soon!
Finally a new post! I love the picture of her in her Chef's uniform! Too cute! Aunt Kelly
Isabel and Carter have the same smile in that picture!! Same cheeks, too. :) Crazy, I know, but true. :D
They are all great pics and loved the update!
Melissa
Post a Comment