Most importantly today....we had one more moment of becoming "officially" a family. Today all of our paperwork passed through the Consulate with flying colors. No more paperwork (until we get home of course as there is followup paperwork for a year I think). But no more paperwork in China. And tomorrow all we have to do is show up at the Consulate and take an oath and get Isabel's Visa to travel to the US with us. Our appointment is at 3:30 tomorrow and we will have to take a 45 minute bus ride to get there....stay there for at least an hour waiting and then take the bus back. So although there is not much to the actual appointment, it will take up most of our afternoon.
Second most important thing we did today...the infamous red couch photo. Every family that comes through the White Swan has their picture taken on the red couch. In fact, families that don't stay at the White Swan will come over to the hotel just for the photo. This afternoon our group all went downstairs for our photos. We all bought our daughters traditional Chinese outfits to wear for the pictures. We took turns having family pictures done, did a large group photo and then did an attempted children only photo. Jeff was standing to the side for the children only shot...so we will have to get pictures from other people to get one that is taken from the front. But I think our family photo turned out great. I also took some single shots of Isabel in her dress...she was so darned cute! :-)
All of the kids and families looked great. We have been so lucky to end up with such an incredible group of people. Jeff and I have not only grown our family by Isabel, but have also gained an even larger family through the friends we have made in our travel group.
We do have one family that was not included in the photo as she just found out her daughter may have the chicken pox...yikes. They are still trying to determine if that is what she has. If so...they think she has been contagious for about four days. She and her kiddo have unfortunately had to stay away from the group until we have final word. And we have all been told to keep an eye out for each of our kiddos as well. I really hope it isn't the pox as I think the will have to stay in China 1-2 weeks longer if she has them as they won't let her travel. :-(
I don't have pictures of our shopping adventures this morning...but I have plenty of red couch photos. As has been the case every night...I will have to wait until morning to post the photos. Oh, and I also have a photo of the meds we were given for her. She has been taking them, but we are not really sure she is showing many signs of improvement. Luckily we will be home in a few days and will be able to get her in to her pediatrician soon. Speaking of which...there is little sleep to be had in a tiny hotel room with a kiddo coughing through the night. So, I had best try and get some sleep while she is still quiet. G'night.
16 comments:
Red Couch Day!!! Yeah! I can't wait to see the pictures, I bet they are awesome!!! I'm so sorry the meds don't seem to be working. Are they helping her sleep any better though? It will be a great relief to get her home and to your own doctor. But, I'll warn you, if it's a basic cold type thing, I haven't found much relief for the babies yet. Steaming helps congestion for a little while. I sincerely hope your friend's baby doesn't have Chicken Pox, for them and for you. I would hate for Izzy to get the pox on top of everything else that is going on! Wow, the oath and Visa and you are done!!! Then you'll be on your way home! Very exciting, can't wait until you get here!
Love,
Jen, Ed, Katelyn & Lauren
You will be home so soon. I can't imagine how anxious you must be. We are all anxious as well! I will be checking back this afternoon to see those pics. =)
We can't wait to see the pictures! I bet she looks adorable in her traditional outfit! I hope Isabel gets to feeling better soon, but it is good that you will be home in a few days! Sounds like you have a busy few days ahead of you and so these next few days will probably fly by! Try to get some rest though if you can! We can't wait to see you all on Saturday!
Love,
Kelly, JOn and Carter
Can't wait to see the Red Couch pics! I am sure they are adorable. Hope Izzy starts feeling better soon. Just a few more days & you will be home!!! Can't wait to see you all. Will check back later for the pictures. Miss you
Love ya, Lori
Can't wait to the her in her traditional dress. That should be fabulous! Take care of yourselves these last few days. We are anxiously waiting for your arrival.
Love, Mom, Dad, & Murphy
Can't wait to see the pictures, I know Izzy will be the cutest one on the red couch(:
Saturday can't come soon enough for me.
Hope Izzy starts to improve for the plane ride home, but colds and coughs sometimes just have to run there course.
love and miss you
Mom
I can't believe that all you have left is the oath and Visa for Izzy!! Wow! Hope she is feeling better. I know Jen and I both loved those teething tablets as well. Be sure you get some when you get home if you haven't already. Halley LOVES them! Another thing for congestion is the Baby Vicks or those vapor patches--both worked well for my kids too. BTW--try putting Vicks on her feet then put socks on when she goes to bed. A few people around here have done that and say that it helps the congestion. Let me know! Hopefully nothing has come of the chicken pox scare--keep us informed! Can't wait till you guys are back home. Please holler if you need anything! Keep the photos coming--you guys look like such a happy family!!
Love~
Amy & family
OMG...she is the cutest of the bunch. And I just love her little outfit to pieces. What a little princess. And ya gotta love Tra hiding behind the couch holding up Izzy. Adorable! Kate is squeeling at them too. =)
Those are absolutely adorable!! I love her outfit! The one of the three of you turned out great!!! Only a couple more days til you all will be home!!!
Love,
Jon, Kelly & Carter
Wow. How long have you waited for the day when it would be your family seated on the red couch?! This beautiful family photo is such a portrait of faith and hope and dreams come true. What a beautiful family, what a beautiful gift from God! And might I add, Isabel IS the cutest of the group, in my humble opinion!
You don't have much time left, you better get that pizza with octopus while you can. It is Friday now for you all and just think, the next day you will be on your way back. The pictures turned out good and that was a good one of the three of you. Looking forward to seeing you guys soon, especially Isabel.
Love,
Travis
Just as I thought the cutest one!!! The family picture is really good also. Later on today you will be taking the oath and then all the fun packing. See you at the airport, you won't be able to miss us we will be the ones smiling and crying with joy.
love
Mom
What great pictures. Isabel is so cute in her outfit. She is just sitting on that couch like she rules. Which I'm sure it'll be that way at home. She is truely the cutest of the bunch;) Can't wait to see all three of you at the airport. Take Care.
Love and Miss ya,
Aunt Terrie & Crew
What a gorgeous outfit!! She looks just like a little princess. Looks like your travel group has an adorable bunch of kids!
Love~
Amy & family
Without a doubt the best looking family of the group. How sweet Izzy looks. And your feed look really good Tracy, glad you had that pedicure. Soon you will be home and we cannot wait.
Love,
Aunt Anita
Dang- she is absolutely gorgeous. I love that smile and the dimples in the fourth of july photo! What a gorgeous dress for the red couch and what a big group! Once again i am way behind in reading your posts and i know you are on your way home- wishing you the best! Please let me know if i can help in any way!
Stacie and Zoey
Post a Comment