Thursday, July 19, 2007

Isabel and Murphy

First off, I am sorry it has been so long since my last posting...we are doing well, but it definitely takes some time to adjust to life at home. I have a few items I want to post about, but just haven't had any time to do so.

One thing many people have asked about is how Murphy and Isabel are getting along. As those who know us well are aware...we have had Murphy for seven years and he has become our four legged-furry child.

While we were in China Jeff's parents were kind enough to watch him at their home. We decided to give ourselves a couple nights at home with Isabel before we brought Murphy back home and introduce the two.

When they first met Murphy immediately wanted to lick her face and play with her...Isabel wasn't so sure about Murphy however:




The first couple days we kept Murphy away from Isabel so she could get used to him. He does have a unique look about him, and being a pug he is quite noisy. :-) Each day we would gradually give them more time together and would let Isabel touch Murphy and teach her how to pet him.



One day Isabel fell asleep on the couch and Murphy went over for a closer look at his new sister:



I told him he couldn't lick her, just look:



Next thing I know, he was laying down beside her...too cute:



As the days have gone on, they have become very comfortable with one another. Murphy is a bit jealous of all the attention she gets and does steal her toys from time to time....of course Isabel loves handing her toys to him so it is making it a bit difficult to train him. She also thinks it is fun to throw him some of her food from the high chair. Most of the time Murphy likes following her around the house.



We go on walks just about every day and Murphy loves walking along with the stroller. We can't wait until Isabel is more sure on her feet and can play with him in the back yard.

But my all-time favorite picture of the two of them is this one. Jeff was out front turning on the sprinkler and I opened up the curtains in the dining room so Isabel could watch daddy through the window....before I knew it, Murphy stood up right next to her to watch as well. Luckily they both stayed there for quite some time so I could go grab my camera for this shot:



I think that photo says it all...I think it is the beginning of a wonderful friendship!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to hear from you again and I love the pictures!!! The last picture reminds me of one that I took of our dog at the time Francis and Chad watching out the window for Doug to come home from work. If I can find it I will show it to you. What a precious story. It sounds like everything is going great and that you are all feeling better. I can't wait to meet Isabel!

Barbara

Anonymous said...

TOO CUTE!!!! They are funny. I bet Murph will fast become her best friend, whether he wants to or not, just ask Denali!

Jen

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking time to update the blog. The pictures are great and so adorable. I am sure they will become the best of friends.

Love,
Aunt Anita

Anonymous said...

I too have a picture of Jessica with Willie looking out the window. I know who's Willie, but we did have a Willie. Those are great pictures. Glad to hear everything is going good. I hear Isabel has slept through the night, yeah!

Love Aunt Terrie

Anonymous said...

As always we love your new posts! It was good seeing you all today. Isabel is just so happy all the time and I she always smiling :) She is so cute in person! I just love the last picture of Her and Murphy looking out the window. Priceless!

Love ya,
Tiff

Anonymous said...

The photos of Isabel and Murphy laying down together and looking out the window together are just too cute for words!

Looking forward to seeing you all soon!

The Tracy's said...

I love the last photo of your dog and your little girl. That is just precious. Out 2 dogs are very spoiled and I'm anxious to see how our dogs will handle a new little one in the house. Congratulations!

Sherry T.
LID 10/11/06

Anonymous said...

That last picture is just the best! What a cute moment! Isabel and Murphy will be the best of friends and I am sure will get into plenty of trouble together just like Carter and Bella!

Kel, Jon and Carter

Anonymous said...

I love Murph & Isabel's pic! Here's my question, what are they going to be for Halloween :) See you soon! -Megan Pope

Colleen said...

OMG! Love the pictures.