Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Playing Catch-Up

Okay, so no excuses....I should have posted long ago. Those of you that know me, know that I tend to be a perfectionist. I have been putting off posting because in my mind I thought I had to write some long detailed description of our goings-on....and it has been so long since my last post that was going to be tough to do. But I have decided to just do a catch-up post to try and bring us up to date and not worry about in depth descriptions. Heck, I know all ya care about are the photos anyway!

So, here are some pictures from where we last left off:

Here are photos from Halloween. As you can see, Isabel was a ladybug and Jeff (bein the Super Dad that he is) managed to find a ladybug outfit for Murphy as well. We went to a neighborhood party with Murphy and then Carter came over to join us for actual trick-or-treating.




Here are pictures of Isabel's first hair cut since we brought her home, she did a really good job of sitting still....mind you we kept feeding her YoGo bites...but hey, whatever works right?




These are from Christmas. The first picture is of us right after church. The next pictures are of Isabel at home opening some of her first gifts from Santa.




Random cuteness with her teddy bears.


We went to a local celebration for Chinese New Year.


I bought this outfit after Jeff and I first decided to adopt...it was one of my first clothing purchases for her once I decided it was "okay" to buy clothes even though I had no idea of sizes, seasons, or when we would ever meet our daughter. I got a little misty-eyed when I was finally able to see her wear it.


Looking cute for Valentine's Day.


Hanging out with "cuz" at a local indoor playground with the giant inflatable slides (this was in the small kids area...but she loved the big slides the best).


This picture cracks me up.


No camera tricks....this is what her hair looked like one day when she woke up...no, there is no wind blowing inside our house.


Cute picture of her sleeping.


Murphy has a favorite corner of our couch and Isabel decided she should join him...he wasn't too thrilled.


Colring Easter eggs, opening her Easter basket and eating her first hard boiled egg.




This is Izzy in her Easter dress. Jeff took this photo of her in our entryway and it is by far one of my favorite pictures of her.


Isabel and Carter at church...I love this photo also. Something about it makes me look into the future when they are both 80....I can see them hanging out laughing just like they are in this photo.


Well, it is late and I should get this one wrapped up. We are pretty close to being up to date, but I do have a bit more to go. My plan is to try and post at least once a week from here on out....but I know better than to make any promises. :-)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

She has grown so much. What a beautiful girl.

Anonymous said...

I know I see her all the time, but it is so nice when you can see the pictures like this and see how she has grown and changed in the time she has been here.
Of course I think she is beautiful, but then she is my granddaugher.
love
Grandma Carol

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update! I agree with Carol I love to see the new pictures as well. Hope your all doing well! Talk to you all soon.
Love,
The Alexanders

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo -- an update! I'm so excited to see these photos...love 'em! And the photo Jeff took of Isabel in her Easter dress is so priceless! I'm looking forward to the weekly updates!