Well, we landed and we hit the ground running!
Actually, that is not true. We landed and then we dragged our tired and emotionally overloaded selves off the plane where we were welcomed by a huge crowd of our family holding signs, balloons and flowers for us. Of course we immediately found the new Big Sister Isabel herself and gave her a huge hug. It was so great to see her face!
The whole trip (and by trip I mean the process starting back in 2009 up to January 24, 2014) is such an emotional roller coaster...this is the moment when it hit me that it was finally over. Yes, we were handed Teagan in China...but in that very moment at the airport we were finally the family of four we had been working for so hard for so many years. While we look a little worn and tired in this photo, I will cherish it always as it is our first COMPLETE family photo:
There is so much to post, I am not sure where to begin. Which in a way is why I haven't sat down to write this as it seems a bit overwhelming to me. Maybe I will just type for a bit and then fill in with details later?
First...shout out to the hubby for taking on the role of Blog Poster Extraordinaire while I was sick! I cannot begin to explain how frustrated I was that I was sick, and goodness knows that I had to be REALLY sick to be made to stay in the hotel room over there and miss out on once in a lifetime moments with my new daughter in her homeland. I had a fever over 102 that I couldn't shake and I could barely drag myself out of the bed...I had no choice. But I think it was really positive for us in a way as it helped Teagan and Jeff to bond.
While we are speaking of illnesses, I should add that after I tackled my fever/cold I then ended up with an entirely other illness the last couple days there. I will not go into detail as it is really nothing fun to talk about, but I obviously ate something that did not agree with me. I was unable to keep food in my system for the last couple days and it continued once I was home. Jeff made my sister take me up to the ER and I ended up spending the evening there getting fluids, potassium and some drugs to kick whatever bug I had brought back as a bonus souvenir. Honestly...I am not sickly person, but this trip really had it in for me!
Enough of that...
Jeff was able to take off the first week home and was then headed back to work while I finished up my leave. As luck would have it, he went back for his first day of work and then we were hit with a massive snow storm and freezing temps....bad enough that school was called off the next couple days. Oh darn! ;-) Due to the snow days, and some time off with parent/teacher conferences, Jeff ended up being home most of the second week as well! It was so much fun hankering down in the house with all four of us at home.
(I will wrap it up here for now and post on other topics separately.)




No comments:
Post a Comment