Friday, December 13, 2013

Movin’ Right Along …



 (Anyone else have an image of the Muppets in your head now?)

Our Article 5 was issued on Thursday, December 5.  This basically means that the US Central Authority has approved us for a Hague adoption.  This was then sent to the CCCWA and now we wait for the Golden Ticket (a.k.a. Travel Approval).  TAs arrive roughly 2-4 weeks after the Article 5 has been received by the CCCWA.  Therefore, while we could get the TA any day now, I am guesstimating that we will hear something close to Christmas.  Hmmm…maybe I should go sit on Santa’s lap and see what he can do about that?

Once we get our TA we will know within a couple days what our travel dates are.  The Chinese New Year is January 31, and we are hoping that we will travel and be home before the holiday hits!

Once we found out we wouldn’t be traveling in December, I decided to send another care package to Teagan and her nannies.  I sent some warm clothes, another camera, a small toy and some chocolates.  I am hoping the clothes fit her, but I know they will be put to good use with the other kiddos if they do not.


 In the meantime, I am still working on unpacking Isabel’s old clothes and taking inventory of what we think might fit her.  I still have some decorating to do in the nursery…a little boring to look at currently.  And I am also starting multiple lists: to dos at work, to dos at home, need to know items for Isabel while we are gone, packing lists, what we will need to take to China in regards to funds and paperwork… come to think of it, I should make a master list for my lists.

It is a busy time of year and I am realizing that I will probably need to cut out some of my usual holiday items to make room for other things (refer to lists in above paragraph).  I don’t see days upon days of holiday baking this year and no holiday cards.  I snicker at this last part as we are quite bad at sending out holiday cards…if we are lucky, we send out New Year’s cards.  That being said…I am really looking forward to sending out cards once Teagan is home.  It will be great to finally send out cards with our long-awaited complete family photo! 

No comments: