Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Wait….it IS next year!!!

People ask us "so, when will you get matched?" or "how much longer?" or "when will you hear something?"  We have always replied, "oh, we won't hear anything until next year; probably around March."    At work today, I had someone ask me about the status of our adoption it hit me…

 

News flash people:  It IS next year!!!  Heck, March is just around the corner!

 

This is exciting, yet nerve-wracking, news.  On one hand I cannot wait until the day comes when we can see the face of our daughter for the first time.  One the other…there is so much still to do!  When we were waiting for Isabel I had the room ready well over a year in advance.  A large part of that was due to the fact that the timeline kept moving further and further out.   This time around we have zilch ready in the room.  One reason for that is I can remember how sad it was to walk by a nursery full of furniture, toys, clothes, stuffed animals…just waiting for a child to arrive.  I didn't want to do that again.  But now the end is in sight*…time to get moving!  (*end is in sight - meaning Match Day is hopefully soon approaching; but there still will be many months before travel…trying to stay somewhat grounded in reality.)

 

Thankfully a local shop is closing and had a great deal on a set of furniture this past weekend.  I purchased it and we should have it moved in this weekend.  So, I guess we at least have furniture checked off our list!  I have no idea how we are going to decorate the room yet.  We may wait until we know her age.  If she won't be in a crib very long, then I might go ahead and buy bedding for the full size bed and decorate around those colors.  I know Isabel has had lots of thoughts on how to decorate…including her helping to paint the room and put designs on the walls for her.  :-)

 

Beyond the fact that we are now in 2013…not much else has happened on the adoption front.  We had to file for an extension with USCIS for our I-797 as it expired in October.  We spent a large part of this past fall completing paperwork and hanging out waiting to get our fingerprints taken.  Jeff is an overachiever and sailed through his prints without issue.  I had to go a couple times as mine always get rejected.  In the end, we received our approval and now all there is left to do is sit and wait…and work on getting a room ready!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I CAN'T Wait!!!! Here's to hoping these next few months fly by!!! Kelly